Construction Update!

Construction Update!

21st Jul 2018

Hello again Dreamers!

It's been a little over a month since my last construction update blog so here's an update on the progress of the new Dreaming Tree Workshop!

Lets start with the before, essentially the windows where falling out and there was no insulation which meant it was near impossible to keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter which inhibited how much I could work and store safely. All the windows also meant work-space and storage options where limited in addition to the energy efficiency issues they where causing. The space also needed a new door, work surfaces, organization etc.

I had professionals come in and wall in some windows that weren't necessary and insulate the room and replace some of the windows. They did an amazing job. We also added auxiliary energy star hvac to keep everything perfectly climate controlled.

With the bulk of the work done and getting ready to move Dreaming Tree back in and start setting up I was scrubbing the floors and found damage signs of doom.... what looked like termites damage. I didn't want to move anything back in until the cause and the damage was addressed. This set us back two weeks in addition to my other delay... the door. Ugh.

I had thought ordering the door a month before the work was even to begin would mean I'd have it in plenty of time to have it installed as soon as the insulation work was complete. Wrong. I love supporting handmade craftsman and really thought I was doing a good thing in ordering from one for the door. But it turned into a NIGHTMARE. Down to I had to open Etsy dispute case and everything. All in all it did finally arrive but a month later than it was supposed to. Since the workers where long gone, Tom and I had to install it ourselves just a couple of days ago, and it was not fun. It does look beautiful though.

After all that I was finally in the clear to start moving back in (still not done yet, I have some more shelves to hang, monitors and burners to install, and organization) but I thought it was a good time to order supplies. All good, ships, quick, everything is peachy....... and then they arrive like this.

While I was held up with termite treatment,damage repair, and replacement orders. I worked on other projects for the work space. When you are on a tight budget you put in the time and effort in instead.

I made tables

Refinished and reupholstered chairs so students have somewhere to sit


Built shelves cause plants need homes too.

Started some oil infusions so they are ready in time for production.

Worked on artwork for Dreaming Tree things.


And obviously if you are reading this on the website you can see it doesn't look the same and has some new functions. It's getting a pretty big refresh. It is very much still a work in progress I have quite a bit more work to do but I think you'll agree it's a good start :)

I've kept super busy working about 12hrs days, the good thing is these long days are keeping me on schedule for a grand fall re-opening despite all the delays. I want Dreaming Tree to go into it's 10th year on the best foot possible!

I hope you're as excited as I am!

Lots of love and happy showers,